J.C. Fiction. Top Tips.
- You will not have seen this extract before.
- Read the extract carefully, read the questions, and then re-read the extract.
- Underline exactly what you are being asked.
- Read the instructions to the questions. You will most likely have to answer 2 questions. Pick the questions you can answer the most on.
- When you are re-reading the extract, note anything you deem relevant for your answers.
- Pay close attention to the marks awarded for your answers.
- Make 3/4 supporting points for each answer.
- Use quotations from the extract to support each point you make.
- Rephrase the question in your answer.
- Skip a line between each point you make, put the point in your own words before you support it with a direct quote from the text.
- Re-read your answers and correct any mistakes you may have made.
- You will have a choice of two questions here.
- Read both questions carefully and answer on the question you can answer the most on. Underline what you are being asked in the question.
- Refer to the question in your answer.
- Brainstorm and plan your answer.
- Refer to the novel throughout your answer, quote directly where you can.
- Re-read your answer and correct any mistakes you made have made.
- Be careful, as your question may be broken into 2 separate questions; make sure you pay attention to the marks awarded for each question.
- Do not just summarise your novel in your answer.