The General Vision and Viewpoint.
The vision or viewpoint of any text might be described as:
- Optimistic, pessimistic or realistic.
- Sympathetic, compassionate, cynical
- Unresolved, contradictory.
- Reflecting the era in which it is set.
- Moral, political.
- Aesthetic, appreciating beauty, emotion, language.
This vision or viewpoint may be portrayed through:
-Characters (they may give their views of their society or the problems they are facing.)
-Relationships, is a character nurtured or thwarted?
-Dialogue, dialects. (Conversations between characters).
-What does the ending tell us of the viewpoint of the text?
Key moments illustrate an outlook on life.
-In a film lighting, sound, music, colour, and costumes can show a world of beauty or oppression reflecting the view in the text.